Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'll have to think of a better title later

Wow, sometimes I have to remind myself that I have a blog. When I started this, I had the goal of posting at least on a weekly basis. That has since dwindled down to monthly, yikes! New goal: biweekly? Baby steps.

Studying Microbio with my favorite mug by my side.
Yours truly made hummus from scratch.
HuGE Valentine's Week at school. Aka the best college to be part of :) LOVE these chocolate roses.
This week, I got to see college friend S who is in med school on the East Coast. It was so great catching up and seeing her. I think I hadn't seen her in person for at least 1.5 years. :) And I also learned you can tie individual challah rolls with a surgical knot (ha!). See below for beautiful result...not that I can take the credit, though.

Homemade brownies and challah bread. Thanks for such a great night!
Block 2 has actually been a little more stressful than I anticipated, especially with the added clinic responsibility. I really love some of the classes, but others have been a little more challenging and I've had to devote more time to study those and adjust my way of thinking. But I think I'm getting better and the material is much more clinically relevant so I actually feel like I am in med school and can go through cases. However, to combat that stress, I brought back some books (YA fiction, of course!) from home when I went for the long weekend and am trying to read at least a chapter every couple of days or so. 

3 comments:

  1. I definitely go through phases of blogging more or less often too. Sometimes when we get really busy, it's easy to loose track of time and not blog for over a month. But the way I've dealt with this in the past is to try not to get overwhelmed with having "something important to say" all the time. Sometimes, what you're doing doesn't seem important at the time, but it feels good to let it out somewhere, AND sometimes you'll appreciate looking back on it later. For example, if things are crazy and/or you just "don't have much to say", you can just simply post a picture, or a thought you had that day.

    Of course, it's YOUR blog and you should do with it what you want! :) But in case you really do want to post more often, this is just a tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Will definitely try that...sometimes I find myself waiting until a few events occur so I can group them together into a post to make it "matter." But I'd like to experiment with different post lengths too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little glimpses of your life as a med student....even if it's on a monthly basis Tal. And it seems like you're really coming into your own and enjoying the material you're studying (which is awesome). Regarding the blog...when I first started out I would post sporadically too, but trust me...you'll get the hang it:). Keep up the great work T!

    ReplyDelete