Tuesday, September 3, 2013

LA weekend

Wow. It's been a while. I think I'm finally in my groove with regards to school. It's still a lot of work, but that's not going to change anytime soon! I've just learned to adjust and prioritize certain things over others and just go with it. I can't know everything 100%, and that's okay. (Shoutout to my Big Sib for checking on me every couple of weeks.)

Since this was a long weekend, I decided to go home! I had never been away from LA for this long before (perks of attending college in your home city). Got to see friends and fam and of course, my minions J+C.

As a surprise, my mama spent hours making my favorite meal. It's basically a wheat and beef porridge, with heated oil/cumin/red pepper powder as garnish. Needless to say, I stuffed my face.

Herissa is the best.
Since we're on the topic of food, here is the eetch that I had made for our Doctoring class on cultural competency a few weeks back. It certainly doesn't taste as good as when my mom or grandma make it (does anything ever?) but it was satisfactory.

Food pics are obviously Instagramed. Obviously.
Already on Week 5. FIVE.

1 comment:

  1. Tal that is so funny! Herissa is one of my favorite things too! I love it with the chicken and beef! You need to teach me how to make some eetch girl! I agree though....for some reason...when food comes from your moms/grandma's hands it always tastes better (cause it's made with so much love)! Glad to hear you are doing well and adjusting to med school!

    ReplyDelete