Saturday, September 12, 2015

Culinary Adventures

My second rotation was a little more flexible, especially during my outpatient weeks! So of course I had to eat my way through it.

Most important meal of the day.

Impromptu contest at the Fourth of July Last Minute BBQ hosted by K.

I was finally able to attend the CA State Fair! It was already over before I moved up to Sacramento my first year, and I didn't get a chance to go during second year, though I really cannot recall why. I was extremely excited to go this year and was looking forward to it a soon as third year began. Luckily, the fair coincided with my outpatient month so I was fortunate to have the extra time. Third year has actually been really great so far. I'm finding that I am actually spending *more* time with classmates, going out and enjoying the things Sactown has to offer. I think a lot of us are putting in the extra effort to get together because 1) we don't get to see each other as often now that we are spread out among different rotations and different sites and 2) it's a wonderful way to catch up and compare notes about how things are going.

Anyway, as evidenced below, I ate way too much, and people are willing to deep-fry anything and everything. Case in point: deep-fried snickers, nutella, cheesecake (what the...?). It's glorious.

Fried fried fried. Also, dragon!

German chocolate cake (L) and banana creme pie (R).

Summer pasta with beef ragu and garlic bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment