Monday, January 19, 2015

Fall in Sacramento

Yes, I know it's January and technically winter. But I've unfortunately been neglecting this blog, which I am sad about. Hopefully, I can pick up some writing this year, even though 2015 is going to be a huge change, what with board exams and starting rotations. Since I have a lot of pictures from the last few months, I figured I might as well share and pretend like I have been updating everything on a timely basis.

I've never gone apple picking before. I didn't even know it was a thing, until I saw some East Coast friends post some pictures a few years ago. Since then, I've resolved to do it, if anything to see what it's like. Unfortunately, we completely missed the season (PSA: go in August or September!) so there were no apples to actually pick! However, we still enjoyed our time and got to experience the beauty of Apple Hill. I will be on weekend-free rotation from late August to October this year, so hopefully I can get a chance to go during the season and pick some of them apples!

Beautiful Apple Hill
On our walk through.
Sundaes with apple pie filling and homemade caramel sauce!
Back in early November, I also attended my very first, bonafide, grown-up medical conference! It was a smaller, cozy Psychiatry conference in San Francisco, so it was easy to make a day trip out of it. I'm really glad I attended. I sat in on some excellent presentations and workshops, enjoyed the day with some classmates and friends, and felt like a professional (sort of!). Psychiatry is still one of the top fields I'm considering pursuing, so it was a wonderful opportunity. And free for med students, booyah!

Drive in the really early AM to get there on time.
Mid-conference lunch break.
Hanging out with one our attendings at the rooftop lounge! Oh snap!

Fall time in Sac can get a little chilly, but it sure is pretty.

Leaves just begging to get crunched.
The colors!
It's hot cocoa ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment