Sunday, April 27, 2014

Move over Jon Snow, because I know something

One of my favorite parts of clinic is seeing patients longitudinally. This is really hard, considering that we students go one or twice per month, the patient may be coming in only every few months or so, and it's by sheer luck which patient you get assigned to see that day. I've had the pleasure of seeing some patients more than once, and tracking their progress.

One of my patients today commented on how much I had improved since the last time we had met (which was almost 7 months ago if I remember correctly). The patient remarked that I seemed more confident and calm...and then apologized if I thought this was insulting. Which was sweet. I wasn't. It's so great to get that feedback and realize that you are learning a lot, even if you feel like you know nothing - which is the sentiment of pretty much every MS1.

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment